Events and Social Media Coordinator
Position reports to:
This not a remote position. The role is on-site at Alias HQ.
Job Description: As Events and Social Media coordinator, you will be to help elevate Alias brand awareness through scheduling and coordinating events for Alias speaker engagements and vendor tables. You will work closely with the Communications Director to ensure all events and engagements are well supported and represent the highest standard of the Alias brand. Additionally, you will be responsible for elevating the Alias presence on social media platforms to gain broader awareness and expand audience. This position requires a primary focus on events with a secondary focus on social media.
To apply, submit your information through the form here or email [email protected].
This role consists of daily duties which include but are not limited to:
– Coordinate events for the company throughout year including coordinating both small private events and booking and arranging conferences and speaking engagements
– Create and manage social media content across various platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
– Develop and implement social media strategies to increase brand awareness and engagement
– Monitor social media channels for trends, news, and competitor activity
– Engage with followers and respond to comments and messages in a timely manner
– Collaborate with the marketing team to create compelling visual content, including graphics, photos, and videos
– Conduct research on industry trends and best practices to optimize social media efforts
– Proofread and edit written materials for clarity, grammar, and accuracy
– Stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends and tools
– Ordering, maintaining, and distributing marketing collateral materials
– Conduct market research to bring new ideas to the table
– Ensure projects are completed on schedule
– Support the marketing department’s initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs such as email, event, social media, or content marketing
– Assist with other duties as assigned
– Ideal candidate will have between one to three years of marketing, events or relevant experience
– Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
– High level of proficiency in design programs such as Canva, Adobe products, as well as LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
– Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
– Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
– Must have a high level of creativity and excellent eye for detail
– Proven experience managing social media platforms for a brand or organization
– Strong understanding of social media algorithms and best practices
– Proficiency in video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro) and graphic design tools (e.g., Canva)
– Basic photography skills for capturing high-quality visuals
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Highly creative with a keen eye for detail
Education and Work Experience:
- Marketing and/or Events: 1 year (Required)
- Typical of work in a professional office environment.
This is a Full-Time Salary-base + commission position and has a requirement of at least 40 hours per week. This position, on occasion, will require you to work after hours but notice will be provided by management.
This employment comes with a 90-day probation period. After the initial 90 days the employee will be eligible for paid vacation, sick time, and other benefits. Furthermore, this job is a Full-Time position with working hour from 8:00AM – 5:00PM with weekends off and paid holidays.
Alias believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate against race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected classification recognized by state or federal laws.